Tenant Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do I do if I need basic maintenance help?

A: Basic maintenance help means a non-urgent repair (e.g., interior door doesn’t close properly, minor leak, kitchen sink is slowly draining, toilet is clogged, etc.). If you need basic maintenance, please login to the tenant portal (using the link above) and add the request. You can also contact us by any of the following means: (1) e-mail info@woodsviewpm.com; (2) use the form on our website; or (3) call our main line at 1 (833) 582-5998. We’ll send someone out to help you with your issue!

Q: What is an emergency repair?

A: Emergency repairs are required when something in the rental unit has broken and the health or safety of a tenant is in danger or the building or property is at risk until repairs can be made. Emergency repairs may include broken pipes flooding the unit, broken heating system when it is cold outside, defective lock to exterior door, fire hazard, etc.

Q: What do I do in an emergency?

A: If you are experiencing a true emergency where someone’s life is in danger, please call 911 immediately. If you are experiencing an emergency maintenance issue, please call the 24/7 Woodsview Maintenance Line at (647) 500-8729.

Q: How do I give notice to vacate and how much notice is required?

A: You can give Woodsview notice by calling our main line at 1 (833) 582-5998 or sending us an email at info@woodsviewpm.com. According to the Landlord Tenant Board, for most types of tenancies, a tenant must give notice at least sixty (60) days before the termination date. Also, the termination date must be the last day of the rental period. For example, if a tenant pays on the first day of each month, the termination date must be the last day of the month. If the tenancy is for a fixed term (for example, a lease for one year), the termination date cannot be earlier than the last date of the fixed term. Check our Tenant Useful Info page for additional information.

Q: My one year lease is about to expire and I’d like to stay. Do I need to sign another one year lease?

A: We’re glad to hear you love your apartment and we’d love to see you stay! When the one year lease term ends, your lease will automatically convert to a month to month lease. Please note that you must still give sixty (60) days’ notice to end the tenancy (see above).

Q: How can I set up an appointment to view a property?

A: Contact us if you’re interested in one of our listed properties and we’ll schedule a showing. 

Q: I’m interested in a property I’ve seen. What are the next steps?

A: If you’re interested in the unit, please fill out a rental application under our Tenant Helpful Info Page. Please return the form via email (info@woodsviewpm.com), along with a letter of employment and a recent credit check. Make sure to indicate the property address and unit number on the form. 

Q: Do I need rental insurance?

A: Like most rental and property management companies, Woodsview highly recommends that tenants secure rental insurance for property and belongings. Most of the time, owners or apartment complexes only have insurance that covers  damage to the actual property itself. This means that your important belongings—electronics, furniture, jewelry, clothes—are not covered. Unless you have the money to replace these things in case of fire, theft, or damage, you need your  own policy.